Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Running

I'm taking a break from the family history work today. I want to talk about my running. I am loving it. I'm up to running 8 minute stretches with 2. 5 minutes of walking between. There are 5 weeks until my first race. I am so freaking excited!

I've decided that my commitment to myself for 2010 is to run a race every month, whether short or long. I'm starting with the 5k in December. Luckily I live in "Track Town, U.S.A." so there are 2 or 3 road races every month. When I'm done with my current training program I'm going to start one for a half marathon. The Eugene Half Marathon is in May. Which got me thinking, what other big races could I do?

My goal is to complete the San Francisco Marathon in July, 2010. I have amazing friends there who I know will support me tremendously. Part of the race goes over the Golden Gate Bridge. How awesome and poetic is that? I am going to do it. Which got me thinking, where else could I go?

Hmm... I have good friends in Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Houston... What if I traveled to races? I could visit my friends, have places to stay, have the encouragement of awesome people, and earn medals! That is my new fantasy. So if you're reading this and would like me to come and race in your town, drop me a line. I'm going to take trips in the next couple of years to any and all who will have me!

Here I come!

1 comment: