Thursday, November 26, 2009

Not Choice, Desire

I've been chewing over yesterday's post quite a bit. I don't think I expressed what I was feeling accurately. I know that being who I want to be is a matter of choice. That's not quite the epiphany that I was trying to verbalize. It really has something to do with desire. I WANT to make the right choices for me. That's what is new. I realize now that if I WANT something, I can just choose to do the work to get it. The only thing that can stop me from being who I want to be is me. If I want it bad enough, it will happen. If I want to be a strong woman, all I have to do is want to do the work. Or something like that...

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I wish you all the best! Jen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,

    I wanted to say, "Thank You" for posting a comment on my blog and lifting my spirits :) I'm thinking Weight Watchers might very well be a good idea. I did Weight Watchers when I was 18 for a few months but felt so stupid because I was only 10 lbs. overweight as opposed to nearly every one else's 80-100 lbs. overweight. Now I'm in the 80 lb. overweight scenerio and could really use the encouragement. It's too bad I wasn't able to find the encouragement I needed back when I was only 10 lbs. overweight. Anyway, have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's part of maturity - taking responsibility for actions means taking responsibility for both the bad and good actions. It's easier, I think, to say we've made a mistake, but when we've done something right, it does become harder to say, "I did that!" But we should take responsibility for our successes. As you are starting to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I can definately relate to what you're saying. As I've started to exercise, I've learned that much more of this is a mental battle than a physical one. Sure, the body will gripe, moan, and complain at times, but it seems to--time and again--be able to handle more than my mind thinks it should be able to handle. That's where the breakthrough started to happen for me: when I realized that I could exert control over now how I felt, but how I responded to how I was feeling. I still struggle with that sometimes, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete