Sunday, October 18, 2009

Whoops

Funny story... While under the influence of this medieval plague I forgot to take my crazy pills! I've been so caught up in fighting the flu that I completely overlooked my regular routine, which includes Cymbalta: Mother's little helper for depression and anxiety. So while I was battling real illness, I was also going through withdrawal symptoms. Hello, meltdown! Please excuse the last post for the raving hysteria that it was. :) On a positive note, I was going to call Robert yesterday (while I was blubbering) but instead I wrote that post. So at least it stopped me from making a complete ass out of myself.

Today is day 4 of Swine flu. I woke up without a fever today and since I remembered the Cymbalta last night, I'm feeling relatively clear-headed. My lungs still feel like they're filled with marshmallow fluff so I won't be exercising today, but I'm going to try it tomorrow if I keep improving. I also missed my Weight Watchers meeting this weekend, but I'm trying to be ok with that. I tend to quit really easily once I slip a little, so it's taking a lot of patience to be accepting of this illness setback. I just know it's going to take a large effort to get back on plan Monday, tracking my food and getting out for a walk/run. I typically am the first one to say, "Oh well, I've blown it now. Might as well throw in the towel." That has gone a long way in keeping me unhealthy. This time I'm going to say, "Oh well, I got sick. Today is a fresh start."

Do any of you watch The Biggest Loser or any of those "reality" weight-loss shows like Ruby or DietTribe? I'm kinda sickly fascinated with them right now. Anyway, I've been thinking that I might need to see a psychiatrist in this process. That's a recurring theme on all of these shows. And hey, who can you trust more than your TV?

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little slow here, sorry. I watch The Biggest Loser, and I find it motivating and inspiring. The woman this year that lost her whole family (including her newborn) is especially inspiring - I wouldn't be able to get out of bed.

    I think the psychological aspect of weight gain/loss shouldn't be underestimated. Maybe it would be a good idea to see someone.

    I hear you on the packing it all in once you mess up. That's been a big problem for me too. I'm so glad you stuck with it this time. Another step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete