Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Journey of a Thousand Steps...

"They" say that you have to hit bottom before you're motivated to change. 2009 has been the bottom for me. It started with losing my teaching job. Then my doctor found cancer cells on my cervix. Next, the guy who I thought was The One dumped me. And all of this culminated in me reaching a whopping 250 pounds. Nice, Jen.

I tried to escape my misery by hiding out in San Francisco for a weekend in September. That turned out to be the best decision I'd made all year. It put me on a new career path, a new health and fitness routine, and gave me the slap-in-the-face I needed on my choice in men.

Someone once told me that if I have a goal, I should share it with those that I love because I might cheat myself but I would never want to look like a failure in front of people I respect. This person knew how ridiculously competitive I am. (No comments please, Stephanie.) So I am going to blog my climb back to mental and spiritual health for all of my friends to witness and hold me accountable.

Stay tuned for explanations and updates on what I'm doing. Please leave encouraging feedback and stern reminders when I get off track.

Love, Jen

3 comments:

  1. You are a courageous lady! I'm excited to see what you are gonna accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you said no comments :D
    I'm proud of you. And happy to come along for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! You are such a beauty; I can't wait to see you start loving yourself as much as we love you!!!

    ReplyDelete