Saturday, January 16, 2010

Oh Smeg!

I killed the verbal portion of the GRE, I mean Kuh-Ill-Duh it! Then I went and screwed myself on the math portion. When I was doing my practicing, I never timed myself. Turns out I'm not so speedy when doing algebra long-hand. So I knew the majority of the material but then ran out of time during the actual test! ARGH! I barely squeaked by the minimum requirement for the graduate application. Hopefully, they will be so dazzled with my verbal and analytical scores that they won't notice my mediocrity in quantitative.

On a higher note, I achieved my first independent pull-up this week and passed the 25-pounds-lost milestone. Both are major accomplishments for this former fast-food lovin' couch potato!

1 comment:

  1. When I was taking the math portion of the GRE, numbers literally swam before my eyes. Luckily, the good people at my MFA program in WRITING didn't care about my math score ;-).

    Let's see pics of the new bod!

    ReplyDelete