Thursday, January 14, 2010

Graduate Record Examinations

Tomorrow I take the GRE. I feel totally ambivalent about it. On one hand, I'm extremely nervous and want to score very high in order to look good on my grad school application. On the other hand, I haven't really done much prep because I'm not even sure I want to go to grad school. Whatever happens, happens.

I think grad school would make me the happiest. If I could pick any path it would be that one. I have always loved being a student for the myriad ways it stimulates me. Plus, let's face it, I would kill to work at the college level and this is the path to get there. However, I don't have much confidence in my ability to complete a PhD program. I watched first hand as my mom did it. It's an inhuman amount of work. Don't get me wrong; I know that I'm intelligent enough to do it. I don't know if I have the emotional stamina to run the academic gauntlet. I feel ambivalent about getting in because if I don't, it will take a whole lot of challenges out of my future.

Eh. Who am I kidding? There's going to be challenges no matter what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment