Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sweatpants Everyday?

Ok, this is it. I can see rock bottom from here. My unemployment insurance has run out and I can no longer afford to keep my baby, the best car that I've ever had, Silvia the Grand Prix. She is so cool and powerful and I've maintained her so well... But alas, I fear that practical must trump cool. My mom has offered to give me her (shudder) minivan. I feel nauseous thinking about it. It appears that at the ripe age of 36, I must finally lay to rest my last grip on being hip and having any personality. What is next for me but to throw in the towel completely and start wearing sweatpants everyday...

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I've been driving a 4Runner since before the kids were born, and occasionally I feel like a minivan would be really handy. Though obviously not the coolest things on the planet, I've read plenty of reviews that say that once you experience dual sliding doors you'll never go back. Unless of course the minivan you're getting only has one sliding door. Then you're pretty much screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey :) I noticed a couple months ago you stopped following my blog :) totally understandable since I wasn't doing a very good job keeping up. This losing weight stuff has been a bugger for me. I ended up at 236 lbs. January of 2009 and am now down to 195 and still giving it a good fight. Lost 23 of those lbs. since starting my blog 5 months ago but I'm learning to be happy with each lb. I lose and trying to focus more on keeping off the lbs. I've lost more than anxiously awaiting the 65 more lbs. I still want to lose. I'm finally able to run a 12:27 minute mile :)and starting to pound the pavement more in happy anticipation for that Portland Marathon in October. Also going to run (well probably more like slow jog) the Helvetia Half Marathon here in Hillsboro in June for the 2nd time. Would love to jog/fast walk it with you if you're able to make the drive up. It's on a Saturday morning at 8:00 and such a gorgeous 13.1 miles :) Let me know if that sounds like a good idea to you. It starts and ends at the Hillsboro Stadium with a Helvetia Burger and of course a big shiny metal that awaits you at the end :) They also have a huge playground there for people who have kids. Let me know what you think? Elicia

    ReplyDelete