Saturday, June 19, 2010

Inspiration?

I wish I had something inspirational to write today. It was not an inspirational week. I worked my ass off at the gym, where I got knocked down everyday. I ate extremely well. Alright, that might be an exaggeration, but I did eat within my calorie budget, it's just that some of those calories were ice cream. (It was low fat, no sugar added ice cream, because I AM trying to reform.) I had a good week with friends and family and work. But the results? Nada. No loss on the scale this morning.

I'm trying to be philosophical about it. Maybe it's because my period started. Maybe it's because I was so brutal to my muscles this week. Maybe it's sun spots. Who knows? It's just one week. I guess the point is really that I did the work. The results will come when they come. But I am proud that I keep trying.

I've been thinking about what it will feel like when I do reach my weight loss goal. Will I stop working out? Will I stop eating healthy foods? Nope. These are permanent changes and there will come a day when I don't even look at the scale anymore because that's not why I do it. I'll do it for the way it makes me feel physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The scale can't measure those things.

Wouldn't it be crazy if I just decided to stop looking at the scale now?

No comments:

Post a Comment